Jessica

Jessica
My rose in heaven, she was too beautiful for earth.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Something New

Wow, Lots of new things for me lately. I would never have thought I would be one to have my own blog site. I always marveled at those who had them. They had so much to say and did it very well. I am not the best writer, nor can I even say that I like to write. But, here I am!

We just celebrated my daughter Jessica's 24th heavenly birthday! It seems in one way so surreal that it has been that long. But, then again, wasn't it just yesterday? I'm not sure where the time has gone. I thought sure I wouldn't be able to go on with my life after losing her, after losing them... I have made some gigantic steps this past year in coming to terms with my daughter's death. I have struggled within myself for 23 years, grieving her on my own. Looking back, I have to admit it wasn't the most healthy grieving process. Then I found SHARE Southern Vermont and my life changed completely again. I now have people who have been through, are going  through, and sadly still some who have yet to go through the loss of a child. There is no tighter bond than the bond between those who have lost a child. When you lose a spouse you are a widower, when you lose a parent you are an orphan, when you lose a child, there are no words to describe us.  Our future, our dreams, all our hopes for our life are changed forever and finding a way to adapt and go on is the challenge we all face. I faced this challenge alone and I vow, because of SHARE, I will never let another parent face their challenge alone. I want to start my blog by thanking those most important in my healing process. Cara, Laurie, Gretchen, Jessica, Jill and Mark, Maggie and Andy, and Shannon. Thank you all for being so supportive and letting me help you through your healing process. It's amazing how many people come together in support when they hear our stories. There are so many more people to connect with through their blogs and places like facebook that the amount of support is just amazingly strong. The bonds we form with people on the other side of the world can be amazingly strong too and I have never even met them. They all have a hand in our healing process and they are all so very important in my life. It's because of all of you, that I can gain my strength as a healing mother of loss and not let my daughter Jessica's life, or the life of the rest of my angles go on in silence. I want people to hear my story, to know my story and to know that I am here to help them because of my story. My dear sweet Jessica, if your life, so brief was to bring ME to this place where I can help others through their grief then I glady accept my place in this life in remembrance of you!
           Always Remembered, Forever Loved,
                                     
                                  Sandie

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sandie you are just such a beautiful person and an honor to know. I love that fact that you have started a blog, I am proud of you. You are such a great support for so many people.
    Corinthians: I always thank God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. 5For in him you have been enriched in every way—in all your speaking and in all your knowledge— 6because our testimony about Christ was confirmed in you. 7Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed. 8He will keep you strong to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.
    Love always
    Marcy Michelle

    ReplyDelete